National Trauma Data Bank - www.ntdsdictionary.org
ALTERNATE HOME RESIDENCE
Documentation of the type of patient without a home zip code.
- Only completed when ZIP code is "Not Applicable".
- Homeless is defined as a person who lacks housing. The definition also includes a person living in transitional housing or a supervised public or private facility providing temporary living quarters.
- Undocumented Citizen is defined as a national of another country who has entered or stayed in another country without permission.
- Migrant Worker is defined as a person who temporarily leaves his/her principal place of residence within a country in order to accept seasonal employment in the same country.
- Foreign Visitor is defined as any person visiting a country other than his/her usual place of residence for any reason without intending to receive earnings in the visited country.
Frequently Asked Questions...