National Trauma Data Bank - www.ntdsdictionary.org
Protective devices (safety equipment) in use or worn by the patient at
the time of the injury.
- Check all that apply.
- If “Child Restraint” is present, complete variable “Child Specific Restraint.”
- If “Airbag” is present, complete variable “Airbag Deployment.”
- Evidence of the use of safety equipment may be reported or observed.
- Lap Belt should be used to include those patients that are restrained, but not further specified.
- If chart indicates “3 point restraint” choose 2 and 10.
Frequently Asked Questions...