National Trauma Data Bank - www.ntdsdictionary.org
HOSPITAL DISCHARGE DISPOSITION
The disposition of the patient when discharged from the hospital.
- Field value = 6, “home” refers to the patient’s current place of residence (e.g., prison, etc)
- Field values based upon UB-04 disposition coding.
- Disposition to any other non-medical facility should be coded as 6.
- Disposition to any other medical facility should be coded as 9.
- Refer to the glossary for definitions of facility types.
Frequently Asked Questions...